Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Houston

This is the last night in Houston after 3 weeks. I flew in to help with family matters, and it has been a very intense trip.

Mom died a week ago today. I felt very fortunate to be with her. Dad, Lynn and I were with her through the night. We had dinner together on Monday night, but she was in distress after that. I'm so glad that her pain is over, but will miss being able to visit and see her. The funeral was Friday, so we have had time to settle a few matters and share some time together. Dad is doing well, but faces a very difficult time being alone after 60 years of marriage.

Russell joined us in Houston, adding so much support, and flew back to Phoenix on Sunday. I am anxious to be back home and hitting the road again before long.

I'll pick up the travelogue again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment