Saturday, February 20, 2010

Back to Phoenix

February 20, 2010

We really enjoyed Desert Hot Springs; sunny weather, palm trees in foreground, snowy mountains in background! What could be nicer? We took the rotating tram trip, 8000ft up in 10 min., to see the snow and ponderosas up close. We also saw the rocky mountain up close, courtesy of the tram. You feel like you can touch the rock passing by.

We have often talked about the necessity of me learning to driving the coach. There has always been a very good excuse/reason in the past...weather, traffic, wind, horoscope, whatever! Friday, February 19, looked like my luck was going to hold with a heavy wind and visiblity limited from the blowing sand. However, we out ran both and got to a straight stretch of I-10 where Russell asked, "Ya wan'a drive?" With no appearent excuses available, we pulled over and made the Big Switch!

Driving a 40ft coach with a tow car for the first time is very frightening! For Everyone; Driver and Passenger! Russell says it is way easier than the 5th wheel - OMG I'm glad I didn't get that experience! Actually, I did quite well and any version you hear to the contrary is just viscious rumor. I thought I had held my own and was ready to relinquish the wheel when Russell said, "We don't need to pull over, just let me slip in there." I was officially too scared to move. He grabbed the wheel and told me to slip out of the chair for him to take over at 50mph. WHAT? But it did work, and we are both here to talk about it, but don't believe everything Russell tells you!

No comments:

Post a Comment